Online MSc in Education
Shape the minds of tomorrow
Study online, on your terms
At the University of Glasgow, we recognise that while huge discrepancies in educational standards exist both nationally and internationally, the commitment of educators to provide the best opportunities remains strong. At the same time, schools and societies continue seeking quality teachers and curriculum leaders.
The online MSc in Education from the University of Glasgow opens up a raft of positions for those involved in primary and secondary schooling, adult education and educational leadership. Consequently, this online Education programme is perfect for teachers, pre-PhD or -EdD students and education professionals keen to further their careers around their existing commitments.
Join an institution where ambitious people are driven to succeed. Study our online postgraduate courses and start changing the world today.
Three starts a year
Russell Group Member
Complete the form below for detailed programme information and to be contacted by phone and/or email.
Note: * Required field.
Do you meet our entry criteria? Submit your degree certificate (or equivalent), including your final overall grade and a copy of your CV to our team here for a check. A member of our team will provide feedback or an offer in principle within 48 hours.****
Examine global education policy
This online programme offers a choice of optional pathways, letting you tailor your studies to your unique experiences and career goals. Choose from adult education, inclusive education or assessment and pedagogy – it’s up to you. You can also opt for a general pathway, selecting different courses from across the three routes. These options are designed to provide the skills needed to support career development in this field.
This specialisation has two courses covering the psychology of adult learning and international issues in adult education.
This specialisation covers topics on understanding learners and international perspectives.
With this specialisation, you will cover ‘education for all’ in inclusive special education and how educators can work together to create inclusive learning environments.
Interactive online learning
No matter where you are, you can experience relevant learning that applies to the real world as you build community with students from over 83 countries worldwide.**
- Our virtual learning environment is easy to use and can be accessed on mobile, tablet or desktop devices.
- Programme content is delivered in bite-sized chunks to suit your schedule and the online format.
- Take breaks between courses and have catch-up weeks in the middle of courses to ensure you remain up to speed with your learning.
The online MSc in Education opens up a raft of positions – from primary and secondary schooling to adult education and educational leadership. It is perfect for teachers, pre-PhD or -EdD students and education professionals keen to start or further their careers.
Top education jobs for our students***
- Teacher 57.34%
- Head of department 4.90%
- Head teacher 3.50%
- Assistant principal 2.80%
- Director 2.80%
- Tutor 2.80%
- Understand key theories, concepts and debates in education
- Evaluate current practices, policies, theories and research across a range of contexts
- Explore current education trends and issues
- Reflect upon the application of education policy, theory and research
- Conduct a substantial piece of applied research
Over 500 years of groundbreaking research
The University of Glasgow has been changing the world since 1451. Let our history of excellence inspire the history you will make. Study online with us and start making your impact on the world today.
Top 100 — THE World University Rankings 2022.1
Top 50 School of Education in the world — 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019.2
Top 10 School of Education in the UK, 2023.3
“THE ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAMME SUITED MY NEEDS AS A MATURE, FULL TIME WORKING PROFESSIONAL, AND THE SUPPORT AND FLEXIBILITY OF THE ACADEMIC TEAM ENSURED THAT I COULD BALANCE WORK, HOME AND STUDENT LIFE.”
– Online MSc Student
- “Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022,” Times Higher Education. Retrieved 28 April 2022, from www.timeshighereducation.com.
- “QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022: Education & Training,” Top Universities. Retrieved 27 July 2022, from www.topuniversities.com.
- “Education Subject League Table 2023,” Complete University Guide. Retrieved 27 July 2022, from www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk.
* Fees: Payable in instalments of £1,667 per 20 credits totalling £15,000. Fee information is subject to change and is for guidance only.
** We have students in 83 countries around the world. Data accessed April 2022.
*** Data as of May 2022.
**** Terms and conditions apply which will be specified in any offer in principle you receive.