Online MSc Marketing
Make your mark in a changing digital world.
Study online, on your terms
The triple-crown accredited (AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS) Adam Smith Business School at the University of Glasgow offers the online MSc Marketing to equip you with the skills to promote a career in today’s digital marketing environment.
This 100% online programme offers you access to a diverse range of international industry and faculty expertise. The online MSc also provides exciting opportunities to exchange ideas and establish networks around the world with a community of forward-thinking global marketeers. In fact, 67% of our students are international, hailing from 44 countries**.
Apply the latest technologies to marketing fundamentals. Explore the latest topics, from analytics to user experience (UX) marketing, brand development, marketing management and consumer behaviour.
Join an institution where ambitious people are driven to succeed. Study our online MSc Marketing and start changing the world today.
Three starts a year
Russell Group Member
Complete the form below for detailed programme information and to be contacted by phone and/or email.
Note: * Required field.
Do you meet our entry criteria? Submit your degree certificate (or equivalent), including your final overall grade and a copy of your CV to our team here for a check. A member of our team will provide feedback or an offer in principle within 48 hours.****
Explore new marketing perspectives
The future lies where digital marketing meets core marketing. Prepare for success at this crossroads. The programme takes a digital approach to marketing, enhancing your expertise in marketing management with electives in UX design, social media marketing and other emerging practices.
For marketers seeking to future-proof their marketing skills in business, success rests on the ability to harness the latest data-based, service-centred and digital techniques. Explore our core and elective courses below to see how digital marketing enhances the foundational competencies instilled through our 100% online programme.
The core courses take a modern approach to marketing, as fundamental concepts converge with digital tactics dominating this industry. These courses include Marketing Management, Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Communications Strategies and Tactics, Brand Management and Marketing Research and Analytics.
Take two electives to elevate your ability to maximise marketing efforts using the latest digital practices and other marketing functions. The elective options include Digital Marketing, Retail Marketing, Services Marketing, User Experience (UX) Design, Marketing: Ethics, Consumption and Technology and Social Media Marketing.
Interactive online learning
No matter where you are, you can experience relevant learning that applies to the real world as you build community with students from over 83 countries worldwide.**
- Our virtual learning environment is easy to use and can be accessed on mobile, tablet or desktop devices.
- Programme content is delivered in bite-sized chunks to suit your schedule and the online format.
- Take breaks between courses and have catch-up weeks in the middle of courses to ensure you remain up to speed with your learning.
Careers in marketing are highly rewarding, both financially and creatively. In 2022, marketing manager ranked in the top 25 for highest overall job satisfaction, base salary and number of available roles in the UK.1
Top 5 Jobs for current students***
- Director / Manager 20.31%
- Marketing 17.19%
- Other 17.19%
- Teacher / Education 8.59%
- Communications or Digital Marketer 7.03%/7.03%
- Understand contemporary marketing principles, techniques and contextual conditions
- Explore a range of marketing theories and methodologies to make informed decisions
- Develop key analytical and critical skills in a data-driven context
- Identify market opportunities in an international context, in a variety of career-relevant enterprises
- Analyse and appraise marketing in combination with other core management functions
- Apply marketing in an interconnected, international and culturally diverse economy
Over 500 years of groundbreaking research
The University of Glasgow has been changing the world since 1451. Let our history of excellence inspire the history you will make. Study online with us and start making your impact on the world today.
Ranked 13th in the UK, 44th worldwide for International Strategic Marketing (Campus Masters) – QS World University Rankings 20222
Adam Smith Business School is among the top 100 business schools in Europe – Financial Times 20213
#11 Best UK University – The Guardian University Guide 20224
“This programme helped me to deepen my knowledge in consumer studies and I managed to find a dream job in market research.”
– Natela Tcaava, Online Msc Marketing student
- “25 Best Jobs in the UK for 2022,” Glassdoor. Retrieved 27 June 2022, from www.glassdoor.co.uk.
- “QS World University Rankings Masters in Marketing 2022,” QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited. Retrieved 17 May 2022, from www.topuniversities.com.
- “European Business School Rankings 2021,” Financial Times. Retrieved 17 May 2022, from rankings.ft.com.
- “The best UK universities 2022 – rankings,” The Guardian. Retrieved 1 May 2022, from www.theguardian.com.
* Fees: Payable in instalments of £1,667 per 20 credits totalling £15,000. Fee information is subject to change and is for guidance only.
** The University of Glasgow has students in 83 countries overall, and our MSc Marketing students hail from 44 countries. Data accessed April 2022.
*** Data as of May 2022.
**** Terms and conditions apply which will be specified in any offer in principle you receive.